Okay, let me back track and explain...
So we got on our speed boat for the tour we paid for around 9 am. They were taking us to four different places. The first place was Ao Nong beach which turned out to be the same beach we went to the day before. We saw Miss M there again! We were relieved to find that she was occupied with other customers. This allowed us to explore more...
Ao Nong was sweet because we could totally explore the caves and cliffs. We got to take some sweet pictures although I think Lili finds my need to be in at least half of my pictures somewhat irritating. Next time I am bringing someone I don't really like and making them take tons of pictures of me (just kidding)!
Next stop was snorkling! Seriously cool stuff!!!!!!!! The fish in the Indian Ocean are really cool. Our guides showed us a picture guide to the kinds of fish we might see so we went in search of them. After 20 minutes of searching or so I found the false clown anemone fish (a.k.a. NEMO!!!) and got really excited. I started yelling for Lili into my snorkel. We marveled over it for a bit. I think the Aussies that were there thought we were a teeny bit stupid. We also saw sea cucumbers (ugly), rainbow fish (gorgeous), some blue things, some yellow things, some leopard print things (I kid you not) and a sea snake here or there. We'd been playing for quite some time at this point and everyone was glad to hear it was time for lunch!!
They took us to a little stretch of island for lunch and handed us each a styrofoam box. Inside was an AWESOME shrimp dish (the shrimp were seriously more like chicken) and rice. Then Lili and I donned our snorkel gear again and went out for Round 2. We saw about the same stuff. Then we headed out for island numero trois...
Chicken Island (or as we referred to it, incorrectly, Chicken Head Island) was mostly just a silly beach but the cliff to the side looked like a Chicken's head. Hilarious and some great pictures.
Beach number 4 was supposed to be a really great beach but, well, I was tired of beaches at this point. We did our Top Model photo shoot and then played in the water for a bit. I looked like a mess and was a bit burned (though it had been overcast most of the day and I was wearing SPF 45) so I wasn't terribly disappointed when it began to rain. Not hard but the half day trip was almost over so it was time to go anyway.
We went back to the bungalow for showers and Mars bars but were so tired that we didn't end up leaving. Sad because we missed dinner again!!!
Tomorrow we leave for Bangkok (where we supposed booked a baller hostel) and I am so excited. I think Lili is sad to leave but I want to go somewhere more city-ish. Excitingggggggg!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment