Thursday, June 21, 2007

Getting To Thailand...part 1

Well it took forever and a day but we eventually got to Krabi. Totally worth it but...it was long.

We tried out Skybus. Not bad, but like 5 hours on a plane with some crying kids is not exactly my idea of fun. Though I suppose that for what we paid I got what I deserved. Anyway, not really much to say either good or bad.

So Lili and I got to Burbank, CA right on time. We got in a shuttle to LAX...time to start getting excited! Okay, we later realized our excitement was a bit premature but hey, wouldn't you be totally pumped?!?! Our shuttle dropped some girl off for her freshman orientation at USC...seriously pretty campus.

We got to LAX at 10:15...this is extremely important because McDonald's breakfast ends at 10:30. Yeah, I was hungry and miserable and looked like crap. Obviously I needed a McMuffin, OJ, and hash browns. Oh, and one of those cinnamon thingees. Clearly the fact that I was going to a beach resort and wearing a bikini for 5 days wasn't bothersome to me. So after I'd finished stuffing my face I realized, hey, there are some GORGEOUS boys over there. Uh-oh. Lili and I hit the bathroom immediately. 15 minutes and a little make-up later I looked presentable at least. Time to find out who exactly these beautiful (and freakishly tall) men were. Hello future Olympians. Turns out it was the US mens volleyball team heading to Tokyo to play. Too bad, they were going to Japan, we were going to Taiwan. Oh well, such is life...

So after being bored at LAX (which might be the world's crappiest airport) for several hours we boarded China Airways on our way to Taipei...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

No comments: