Let's just say that I will never fly on a US airline again if I can help it. China Airways was stellar. And I was really full by the end. They basically did not stop feeding us the whole time and each seat had its own television. I watched four movies. I think the lady next to me thought I was crazy because I was bawling at the end of Bridge to Terebithia. Then again, I always cry in movies so...
Taiwan was boring...the airport was all we got to see...better luck next time I suppose!
Another China Airways flight and we were at BKK!!!!!! Oh my gosh, we actually did it. We actually left the country and went to Thailand!! So the original plan was to get in a cab and go to the South bus station and grab a bus to Krabi. Hmm, I think there HAS to be a better way. So Lili and I went in search of the domestic departures ticketing. Next flight to Krabi left in 6 hours on Thai Airways. So we went to the Thai Airways ticketing counter...this is how the conversation went:
Us: How much for the next flight to Krabi?
Them: 1800.
Us: 1800 what?
Them: 1800 Baht.
Us: How much is that in US dollars?
Them: $60.
Us: Sold.
So we wandered around the airport for a while. It wasn't terribly interesting, but the place was hopping for 2 a.m. Everything was open. We decided that we needed to make some phone calls and e-mail a few people. I e-mailed everyone whose address I remembered and called my mom. Then we called the resort we were staying at and arranged an airport transfer (actually it took us HOURS to take care of this but it's a boring story and I won't go into it). Sweet.
Then Lili and I set out in search of breakfast. We bought some pastries and orange drink. Then we decided to that we should probably also get some vodka. And cups. So pretty soon we were drinking screwdrivers and eating chocolate pastries. Not a bad way to spend 6 hours. We found some chairs with no arm rests and Lili passed out. I was still way too excited to sleep.
Eventually we checked in and went to our terminal. The flight was an hour long...not that I would know. I passed out and didn't wake up 'til we were almost there. And to my surprise, I woke up with food in front of me! I pretty much had not stopped eating since I got to L.A. Ridiculous!!!
We walked into the Krabi airport (which was really really pretty...and had a DQ in it) and everything looked awesome. Palm trees, blue skies...yay! We found our driver outside and got in the hotel transfer. Krabi was so strange. Places that looked like shacks would turn out to be crazy nice car dealerships. And talk about a market for KFC...they were everywhere! Eventually our driver came to a stop and ushered us out of the van. Where the heck were we??? There was not a hotel anywhere to be seen! He stuck us in a tuk-tuk (more on those later) and the tuk-tuk driver went straight toward the end of the dock. I seriously thought for a minute I was going to die. Then he stopped too. We looked down and there was a longboat waiting for us. COOL! It was about a 15 minute longboat trip to our resort. It was amazing out. We pulled into our little cove and there was our resort.
More on Krabi laterrrrrrrrrrrr!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment