Well, I was up and ready to go by 8 am today. I took a traditional Irish breakfast and then got ready for the day. Maureen told me where I could find Margaret and Paeder's home so I walked through the town, up the hill and then decided that I had found it. I went and knocked on the door and Paeder answered and welcomed me inside.
The three of us sat and gabbed for awhile (and drank Jameson) and then Margaret made tea for us. We enjoyed some more talking and then Paedar drove me over to Kitty and Martin's house. It's just across the fjord (in fact you can see it from town) but it's actually a good six miles away. We went flying down the road and let me tell you, it's a very good thing I decided against renting a car and driving. The roads are super narrow and winding. Plus there's the whole driving on the other side of the road which I still can't get used to. Aghhh!!
Once I got there wen went inside and Kitty brought out beers for us (Budweiser, which made me laugh). We talked about the family and what was going on around town. Most of the people that live in Leenane are not full time residents, which I suppose makes them even better targets for gossip, haha!!
Eventually Paeder and I left and he dropped me back at the B&B. I put my purse away, grabbed my camera and went for a walk along the beach. It's really pretty with the mountains surrounding but I misjudged where I was stepping and ended up shin-deep in mud. Ewww. I walked around a bit more but couldn't get over the mud on my leg so I went back to the B&B.
I was a little tired so I grabbed my book and read in the common area for awhile after I had changed and washed off the mud from my shoes and jeans in the sink. I hope they dry. Then I went and got ready to go back down to the town and meet Paeder for dinner. We went to the Blackberry House where I had chicken stuffed with cream cheese and salmon. SO good!
After dinner it was nearly 10:30 so I took a quick shower and went to bed...not sure what I am doing tomorrow but I will figure out something!
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment