Well, it was quite a journey (and by that I mean it took ALL day) but I made it to Dublin!!!
I was only in Galway for 30 minutes or so before we boarded the bus. I fell asleep for at least half of the trip. When I woke up I knew we were in Dublin because I was greeted by the sight of the Guinness Storehouse. Sweet!!
It took quite some time to orient myself and find the hostel, but eventually I did and settled in. I went to my room, locked my stuff up and went in search of other backpackers. I found the common room where a good number of people were chatting and watching "My Super Sweet 16." I am embarrassed for America. Seriously.
I was starving and one other guy was as well so we walked down the street and found a nice place to eat. We both got bangors and mash. Interesting stuff. Turns out he is from Canada and was just in Dublin for the night. We went back to the hostel (he was in the same dorm as me...along with 22 other people) and we got a small group together to go to Temple Bar which is the big pub district. We decided to go for a pub crawl so as not to get bored or spend too much in one place. The beer was a bit pricey but I was prepared for that. We got Guinness and Bommer's everywhere we went. Very tasty. We took pictures with a street performer dressed as a mime and then the mime kissed Marie. She was shocked...it was hilarious.
We went to a nice pub with pool tables and such. Rob and Peter challenged me and Marie to a game of foosball in which we OWNED them. Haha, mostly on accident I scored 2 goals though I was playing defense, haha. Marie and I raced cars at the arcade and then just played a bit. Loads of fun but we were starting to get quite drunk.
We got ourselves back to the hostel in one piece. A great night all in all. Tomorrow I think I am going to Sadie's house and hopefully will meet the whole family.
Oh and P.S. I LOVE Dublin!!!!!!
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment